New “Cellar & Store” Opens
A new room within the main hotel – referred to as the Cellar & Store – has opened at The Cosmopolitan Hotel, Trentham,... Read More
The growing trend for high tea has become so popular across Melbourne and Victoria the difficulty is now choosing where to go. Here are our top picks:
Best Classic High Teas
1. The Hotel Windsor – The classic choice, the hotel has been serving elegant afternoon high teas since its opening in 1883.
2. Hopetoun Tea Rooms – Located in Melbourne’s charming 19th century Block Arcade, Hopetoun Tea Rooms offers a delicate selection of pinwheel sandwiches and lamington slices combined with exquisite high tea and even includes a crapery and savoury cookery.
3. The Langham – During the week, delight in Melbourne’s most nostalgic Tiffin High Tea in the Langham Melbourne served on a traditional three tiered silver stand.
4. The Waiting Room at Crown – Bringing a modern take on a quintessentially British tradition, Crowns Executive Pastry Chef, Roberto Mollemen delivers an afternoon tea like no other.
5. Park Hyatt Melbourne – Served in the radii restaurant with its cascading art deco levels or in The Lounge overlooking magnificent manicured gardens, The Park Hyatt high tea offers a luxurious affair.
Top Teas With a Twist
1. Melbourne Star Observation Wheel – Sip on divine tea, munch on homemade scones, taste delicious sandwiches and indulge in delectable chocolate éclairs while taking in the breath taking 360 degree view across the vast planes of Melbourne and regional Victoria.
2. The Tea Salon at Emporium Melbourne – Opening its doors in Melbourne’s new retail wonderland the whimsical tearoom will take guests into the pages of a storybook.
3. Madame Brussels- Nuzzled in a building on Burke Street, this high tea setting resembles charming garden party with lush green interiors and petit sweet trees served with refreshing tea.
4. The Strangers Corridor – When Parliament house is not sitting, the historic building opens its doors and invites guests to step back in time with a traditional and elegant tea experience.
5. Where a girl goes Christina Re – This one is for the girls, high tea combined with craft, femininity and a creative touch of Cristina Re.
1. Craig’s Royal Hotel – Located in Ballarat, this is one of Australia’s grandest Victorian-era hotels where high tea and scrumptious deserts are served in vintage dining rooms adorned with lavish crystal chandeliers.
2. High Tea in Paris – A Parisian tea room located in the heart of the Mornington Peninsula where visitors can enjoy breakfast, brunch, lunch and delicious high tea in a chic French setting. High Tea in Paris also partner with Peninsula Hot Springs to offer the ultimate high tea and hot springs package.
3. Peppers Mineral Springs Retreat – Diners settle into deep cane armchairs, with freshly brewed tea for a regal experience with ‘High Tea under the Arches’ at Hepburn Springs.
4. Chateau Yering – Local produce comes accompanied by Yarra Valley wines in a beautiful historic garden setting.
5. Woodman Estate – Nestled in the Mornington Peninsula this luxurious country manor serves high tea complemented by sweet and savoury pastries, delicate cakes and luscious slices.
Other Tea Time Options